3. MA Education (and all pathways)专业只考虑Group 1中国院校的申请，其他申请者需有三年教育相关的工作经验；
4. MPA(and all pathways)专业只考虑Group1&Group2中国院校的申请；
三、商学院今年新开了MSc Financial Technology课程
四、MSc Mathematical Finance专业申请者需有2:1学位同时具备高等数学相关背景
五、MSc Public Management专业PS要求见以下邮件
Greetings from the University of Birmingham! While we are welcoming applications from prospective students wishing to join us in September 2021, we would like to update you on the important information below for the 2021 intake:
Postgraduate Entry Requirements Updates
We have updated the entry requirements for applicants from mainland China. Please check the full details on our China page and see the key updates below:
1. Affiliated colleges are no longer considered for postgraduate programmes
2. Apart from Netbig Ranking, we are also referring to Shanghai Ranking Best Chinese Universities Ranking 2020 (软科中国大学排名2020总榜) for the ranking of China institutions. Universities fall into the defined ranking range of each group, EITHER on Netbig Ranking OR on Shanghai Ranking 2020, are going to be considered. For example, if an institute ranks 80 on Netbig, but 105 on Shanghai Ranking 2020, it will still be considered as a top 100 group 1 institute, and vice versa.
3. For the 5 courses of MA Education (and all pathways), we will consider applicants from the group 1 institutions. All other applicants are only considered with 3-year full time working experience in education.
4. For the 3 courses of Masters in Public Administration, including MPA, MPA (Finance), MPA (Human Resources), we will only consider applicants from group 1 and group 2 institutions.
Selected Admissions Process for postgraduate programmes at Birmingham Business School
As published on the website earlier this month, a staged admissions process is in place for the Business School’s full-time 12-month MSc programmes. This means that when you apply for one of our programmes for September 2021 entry, your application will be considered with all others that have been submitted before that deadline. This enables us to ensure that all applications are considered fairly and equally.
Each year we see a high volume of high quality applications and as places for these programmes are competitive, applicants who demonstrate being able to EXCEED the minimum entry requirements and have studied at high ranking institutions will be given preference.
Please see the programmes and key dates of our selected admissions process on the website.
Postgraduate Programme Updates at Business School
We have launched a new exciting MSc Financial Technology programme at our Business School for the 2021 entry. The course is developed and run in collaboration with the School of Computer Science and students will be taught by industry experts, gaining hands-on and theoretical experience in Big Data Management, machine learning and Blockchain Technology.
Please check the course details and entry requirements on the course page.
Postgraduate Programme Updates at the School of Mathematics
The MSc Mathematical Finance programme is going to be moved from Business School to the School of Mathematics for 2021 entry and the requirements are as below:
1) We will be following the standard Maths PGT entry requirements: 2.1 Honours degree in mathematics or programmes with advanced mathematical components, including physics and some engineering subjects.
2) The expectation is that students would have a solid background in undergraduate level Mathematics. Candidates are also expected to have a strong desire to analyse, interpret and implement mathematical models of relevance to the finance sector.
Applications for the programme will be open soon and I will keep you updated.
Personal Statement Requirements for MSc Public Management
We received a large number of applications for the MSc Public Management programme with less satisfying personal statement which didn’t demonstrate the necessary understanding of the programme. Please see below for the requirement of the personal statement for prospective students interested in studying the programme: